Friday, May 1, 2009

It's Potty Time!!

Who would of thought that buying a cute polka dot swimsuit would lead to a week of potty training. I was out shopping on Wednesday and I saw this cute swimming suit that I knew Cassidy would love . I thought  it would be perfect for our California trip.

DSC00684 So when we got home Cassidy wanted to wear it without a diaper ( she never wants to go without a diaper) ! In fact, I wasn't planning on training her until after CA, so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the car.  I should of  known  she would change my plans. So after wearing it for a couple of hours, she had an accident!! And that was all it took. She hated the warm feeling going down her leg and she hasn't looked back. That night she wouldn't  pee in her diaper for fear of the warm sensation going down her legs again. So when she started to do the pee pee dance , I put her on the potty ( kicking and screaming) and she went.   I thought it was a one hit wonder and that she would be back to going in her diaper on Thursday. But I was wrong. She still wore a diaper all day on Thursday but didn't have any accidents in it, even when we went visiting teaching and to Walmart. I found that if I told her that she could go to the park, outside to blow bubbles or just play outside she would use the bathroom.    So today, we got rid of all the diapers and she is wearing pull-ups ( she doesn't quite like the feel of underwear yet).

DSC00679And now I can't get her OFF the potty!! She just sits there, making faces and singing. What a difference a day makes!  My NEW plan is to use pull-ups the rest of the weekend  ( especially on Sunday since I have to teach) and then it will be underwear only starting Monday. Good job, Cassidy !! DSC00680 Now let's get off the potty and go see Grandma!!


4 comments:

Pyatt said...

I need to start Mackenzie...but have no idea what I'm doing...maybe I'll send her to potty camp at your house!:)

chris w said...

Congratulations! Hope it goes easy for you. :)

Heather said...

Nothing better than never having diapers in your home again...or pull ups for that matter! I returned a ton of diapers and got a huge merchandise credit to our local store! Yippee!

Wendy Evans said...

love it when the kids change our plans!! How awesome is that. Nate is refusing to wear diapers, so last night I purchased some big boys but, I am the lazy one and is not going to break them out until I have help next weekend!! Congrats on her huge achievement!