Monday, June 22, 2009

California Vacation- The Drive Part 1

I have soooo many pictures of our vacation, I thought I might have to blog it in parts!  So Part 1 is the drive to California. We were so excited to get to California we left at 5 am! We were hoping the kids would be so tired that they would sleep until we hit Vegas! No such luck. They were way too excited.

DSC00706  The kids traveled really well. I was so worried about Cassidy ( who had been recently potty trained) would've had an accident in her car seat. She amazed me. I think I had to use the bathroom more often than she did.  The drive was event free until . . . we hit Las Vegas. We had gotten there around 11-11:30 am. Then all of a sudden we hit a major traffic jam!!DSC00709  We thought there had to be a major accident. We hadn't moved for a least 15-20 mins. Come to find out there wasn't any accident. . . Just President Obama trying to leave Las Vegas on Air Force One. I couldn't believe it!! Of course HE had to be in Vegas the same time we were there. Oh well, makes a good vacation story!!LOL. We stopped  in Vegas to stretch our legs and have lunch at the Rainforest Cafe.

DSC00710  The kids had a great time. We also went to the M&M factory and the Coke Factory. Where we had to have a bottled Coke and take a picture with the Coke bear.

The kids really had fun but were anxiousto get to California so they could go swimming.DSC00717  DSC00716

After what seemed to be a long second half of the drive, we made it to San Diego. When we got to the hotel all the kids could talk about was going swimming ( which was the topic of everyday we were on vacation except for when we were at Disneyland). I think next year we will just find a really fun pool and go there everyday for a week and save money. So we ( I should say everyone except MOM) went swimming. I just sat, watched and took pictures. It was an exhausting day and we were planning to go to the San Diego Zoo the next day.

DSC00720

DSC00725

4 comments:

Heather said...

Keep em coming! It was so fun to see you guys... even for just a little while!

Tammy said...

My kids love the pool too. Why pay big money to do anything else? Sounds like a fun trip so far!

chris w said...

So fun!

Jessica said...

fun! Even without Obama, the traffic through Vegas can be terrible. I am totally thinking we need to plan a weekend away, but give me a couple of weeks first!